We would love to expand participation on our PIC Board of Directors and various committees.
Board Committees include Buildings and Grounds, Development, Diversity, Finance, Human Resources, Parent Involvement, and Quality. You do not have to be a Board Member to serve on the committees and in fact, we greatly welcome participation from people who are NOT currently serving on the Board.
Here is information about each committee, including its focus and membership recruitment. You can email the committee chair for more information or come to an upcoming open meeting.
Building and Grounds Committee:
Proactively manages the PIC infrastructure and guides physical site improvements. Monitors the needs of PIC facilities.
- Seeking members with: specific building and grounds knowledge such as architecture, landscape, contractor, time and budget management experience or a desire to learn about the building and grounds of the center.
- Meeting Frequency: 4 times/year
- Open meetings: January 6 or March 31 from 5:30-6:30 pm
- More Information: Send an email to committee co-chairs Julie Bush or Robert Chaney.
Works with PIC Executive Director and Development Manager to set development goals. Evaluates the effectiveness of the Development Plan. Communicates with the PIC community, the Board, and potential and current donors about the importance of PIC's development mission.
- Seeking members with: fundraising or development experience OR those interested in serving as an effective ambassador of PIC to the outside community and willing to contribute to the work of fundraising, such as the current ArtStart and the Plant sale events.
- Meeting Frequency: every other month
- Open meeting: Tuesday, February 10 from 5:00-6:00 pm.
- More information: Send an email to committee co-chairs Erica Cheslock or Delphine Dahan.
Expects that its work will inform all aspects of the curriculum, operations, enrollment, and programming at PIC. Organizes ongoing activities such as summer story-time in Clark Park and sharing stories from PIC staff and families about diversity. Discussion around PIC scholarships and subsidized care.
- Seeking members with: an interest in discussing issues related to diversity and how they impact all constituencies at PIC
- Meeting Frequency: monthly
- Open meeting: Monday, January 12 or Tuesday, February 10 from 6:00-7:00 pm
- More information: email committee chair Amy Hillier Fraatz
Provides oversight on budgeting and financial management of PIC and reports to the Board of Directors.
- Seeking members with: finance, accounting or investment experience
- Meeting Frequency: every other month
- Open meeting: Tuesday, February 17 from 5:00-6:00 pm
- More information: email committee chair Steve Pogarsky
Human Resources Committee:
Supports the PIC Executive Director in the administration of human resources policies and procedures.
- Seeking members with: experience in human resources
- Meeting Frequency: approximately 7 times per year
- Open meeting: February 11 from 5:30-7:00 pm
- For more information: Send an email to committee co-chairs Margaret Balamuth or Jenn Feldman
Parent Involvement Committee:
Helps motivate parents to be involved in the life and direction of the center and provides opportunities for parents to participate. Promotes social activities and collaborative volunteering.oversees the room parent system.
- Seeking members with: enthusiasm for promoting parent involvement in the life of the center
- Meeting frequency: every other month.
- Open meetings: January 6 and March 10, from 5:45- 7:00 pm.
- More information: email committee chair Megin Adams Myers
Works with PIC staff and families to ensure that the center continually provides the highest quality early childhood care, after-school programs and summer camps available for families. Holds staff and administration accountable for maintaining the mission of the center and meeting quality improvement goals.
- Seeking members with: an interest in program quality
- Meeting frequency: every other month
- Open meeting: February 19 from 6:00-7:00 pm
- More information: email committee co-chair Sara Richman