Countless studies show quality pre-K improves children's chances of success in school and in life.
PIC partners with Pennsylvania to offer its Pre-K Counts program, which provides no cost pre-kindergarten education for eligible children ages 3 to 5. The program is free for those who qualify and operates on an academic (September - June) calendar.
- High quality preschool at no charge to families
- A healthy snack and lunch
- Monday – Friday, 6-hour class day from 8 to 2 pm.
- Options for extended day child care until 6 pm.
- CCIS funded extended day for eligible families
- Private pay extended day
Eligibility to receive Pre-K Counts funding is based on your family’s size and income. To be eligible to receive Pre-K Counts funding, your total annual family income must be less than 300% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
PIC accepts applications year-round.
Child must be at least two-years-old before applying to the Pre-K Counts program.
Enrollment decisions for the upcoming school year are made during the spring.
Priority is based on age, income, and other risk factors that include dual language learners and developmental delays.
How to apply
- Complete the PreK application form.
- To confirm that your family is eligible for PIC's Pre-K Counts program, contact Assistant Enrollment Coordinator Morgan Williams at 215-222-5480 or send an email to: email@example.com.
- Along with a copy of the PreK application, submit a copy of the following:
- Child's birth certificate
- Driver's license or government-issued ID
- Verification of residence
- 3 most recent pay stubs, W-2 or most current filed 1040 tax form
- CCIS waiting list or acceptance letter (if applicable)
- Please mail a copy of the documents to:
PIC Enrollment Office
4205 Spruce Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104
After You Apply
PIC will review your documents and contact you about your eligibility and next steps in the enrollment process. If you do not receive an email from us, please get in touch with the Enrollment Office by phone at 215-222-5480 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Take a tour
Once you have submitted your application, you can schedule a virtual tour of the Center. Please note that your application status is pending until you tour PIC. Once you have taken a tour, you will be placed on our waiting list.
Once you have taken a tour, you are placed on our waiting list. Please note that your application status is pending until you tour our center.
A family's wait for enrollment may vary. Priority is based on age, income, and other risk factors that include dual language learners and developmental delays.
After submitting your application for enrollment:
- Check in with us every two months to express your continued interest in enrollment and to remain active on our waiting list.
- Please let us know if you make other child care arrangements so we have an accurate number of families who are waiting for enrollment.
Any additional questions may be answered on our Enrollment FAQ page.
Call our main number 215-222-5480, and ask to speak with:
Assistant Enrollment Coordinator