Countless studies show quality pre-K improves children's chances of success in school and in life.
PIC partners with Pennsylvania to offer its Pre-K Counts program. The program provides 6 hours (8 am - 2pm) of no cost pre-kindergarten education for eligible children ages 3-5 during the school year (September-June.)
- High quality preschool at no charge to families.
- A healthy snack and warm lunch provided daily.
- Monday – Friday, 6-hour class day from 8 to 2 pm.
- Options for extended day child care until 6 pm (for an additional fee).
- CCW funded extended day for eligible families.
- Private pay extended day.
Eligibility to receive Pre-K Counts funding is based on your family’s size and income. To be eligible to receive Pre-K Counts funding, your total annual family income must be less than 300% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
PIC accepts applications year-round.
Children must be at least three-years-old before September 1st to apply to the Pre-K Counts program.
Enrollment decisions for the upcoming school year are made during the spring.
Priority is based on age, income, and other risk factors that include dual language learners and developmental delays.
How to apply
- Complete the PreK Counts application form through the School District of Philadelphia.
- Click register to create an account.
- Fill out all of the required information.
- Attach the following documents:
- Child's birth certificate
- Driver's license or government-issued ID
- Verification of residence
- 3 most recent pay stubs, W-2 or most current filed 1040 tax form
- CCW waiting list or acceptance letter (if applicable)
- Complete the Parent Infant Center registration through MyProcare
If you need a printed application form, please send an e-mail to Enrollment Coordinator Morgan Jimenez at email@example.com. Paper applications may be dropped in our Enrollment Mail Box located outside the Sweet Building on PIC's campus, e-mailed to Morgan Jimenez, or mailed to PIC at:
4205 Spruce Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104
After You Apply
PIC will review your documents and contact you about your eligibility and next steps in the enrollment process. If you do not receive an email from us, please get in touch with the Enrollment Office by phone at 215-222-5480 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Take a tour
Once you have submitted your application, you can schedule a tour of the Center. Please note that your application status is pending until you tour PIC. Once you have taken a tour, you will be placed on our waiting list.
Once you have taken a tour, you are placed on our waiting list. Please note that your application status is pending until you tour our center.
A family's wait for enrollment may vary. Priority is based on age, income, and other risk factors that include dual language learners and developmental delays.
After submitting your application for enrollment:
- Check in with us every two months to express your continued interest in enrollment and to remain active on our waiting list.
- Please let us know if you make other child care arrangements so we have an accurate number of families who are waiting for enrollment.
Any additional questions may be answered on our Enrollment FAQ page.
Call our main number 215-222-5480, and ask to speak with:
Assistant Enrollment Coordinator