Applications and Enrollment
PIC enrolls children in our Early Learning and School Age programs all year round.
- MYPROCARE EARLY LEARNING APPLICATION BELOW
- SUMMER CAMP APPLICATION HERE
- AFTER SCHOOL 23-24 APPLICATION
The After School program is no longer accepting applications as the program is full and each classroom has a long waiting list. We apologize for the inconvenience. The application for next year's After School Program will be available in early spring.
If you need a printed application form, please send an e-mail to Enrollment Coordinator Morgan Jimenez at email@example.com. Paper applications may be dropped in our Enrollment Mail Box located outside the Sweet Building on PIC's campus, e-mailed to Morgan Jimenez, or mailed to PIC at:
4205 Spruce Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104
Pay Application Fee
All applications, aside from families applying for the PreK Counts program, must be submitted with a one-time, non-refundable fee of $35 for Early Learning and After School and $50 for Summer Camp. Online payment can be made once your application has been received, processed, and you have received your confirmation email. You may also pay by check or cash.
If paying by check, you can drop off a $35 check addressed to the Parent Infant Center in our Enrollment Mail Box located outside the Sweet Building on PIC's campus with the memo Application Fee. You can also mail your check to:
4205 Spruce Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104
If paying by cash, email Enrollment Coordinator Morgan Jimenez at firstname.lastname@example.org.
After Submitting an Application
Applications are reviewed every Monday. You will be sent an email within a week of our receiving and processing your application. The email will list the steps needed to pay your application fee through MyProcare Portal. If you do not receive an email please get in touch with the Enrollment Office by phone at 215-222-5480 or send an email to email@example.com.
Schedule a Tour
The Enrollment Office gives in-person weekly tours. To sign up for an in-person tour visit the “Sign Up Genius” link below. The maximum amount of visitors for in-person tours is 4 visitors.
A family's wait for enrollment may vary, though it is typically 12 to 18 months. Enrollment decisions are primarily driven by the growth and development of currently enrolled children who become ready to move to new classrooms.
Our waitlist is based on a variety of factors.
In addition to your registration date, we take into account:
- Siblings: Whether your child currently has or has had a sibling who attends PIC (Siblings get priority.)
- Desired schedule: 5-day-a-week schedules are given priority. Then, families who are flexible about scheduling needs, such as 3 days a week – any days, will likely get a space sooner than families who request a specific schedule.
- Child’s age: We balance our multi-age classrooms by age. For example, in an infant/ young toddler classroom, we may accept 3 infants and 6 toddlers.
- Child’s gender, race, ethnicity, first language, etc.: We are intentional about having a mix of genders in each classroom. We are also intentional about having at least two children of similar racial, ethnic background, and/or shared first language in the classroom with one another when possible.
- The move up cycle of current children: Children move up on average once a year to another classroom, which opens up space in their current classroom for new children. We are mindful not to have too many new children start at the same time, so that they can get acclimated to the classroom more easily.
After submitting your application for enrollment:
- Check in with us every two months to express your continued interest in enrollment and to remain active on our waiting list. You may call 215-222-5480 and ask to be added to the Enrollment check-in list.
- Please let us know if you make other child care arrangements so we have an accurate number of families who are waiting for enrollment.
Any additional questions may be answered on our Enrollment FAQ page.
Call our main number 215-222-5480, and ask to speak with:
Assistant Enrollment Coordinator