Book Fest Welcome
Assistant Director Jessica Carter and Enrollment Coordinator Morgan Williams want to welcome you to the 2022 Children's Book Festival, an event of the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee at PIC. Join this week-long virtual festival bringing children, families, and staff together around diversity, children's books, and a love of reading.
- The event kicks off on Friday, February 18 with a Children's Book Fest program sent home with your child.
- Then, check your inbox each day for links to a wide array of PIC staff read-aloud videos to watch with your child.
- Follow the daily themes: Love Makes a Family, The Story of Your Name, Proud to Be Me, Food from the Heart, Embracing Culture through Tales.
- Look for activities and conversation starters that embrace your child’s and your family’s identity, as well as recognize and celebrate differences.
- Take pictures of you reading with your child, or enjoying the many read-alouds you will receive. Post on social media and tag images (#PICBookFest). Email them to email@example.com to be featured in the Monday Mail or Facebook.