Picture Days 2019
Each year, PIC brings photographers in to take photos of our children. This year photographers from Lifetouch will be at PIC on Wednesday, December 4 and Thursday, December 5--a little later than past years.
We have exciting news to share that has prompted some changes to Picture Days.
- Lifetouch has partnered with the online photo giant Shutterfly, and this year families will see their proofs in print and online.
- Once you have selected your favorite(s), you will order your photo package online (instructions on how to do this will be provided on Thursday, December 5).
- Photos will be delivered directly to you. We have been assured that orders placed at the beginning of December will make it in time for the holidays.
- Your purchase will support PIC! When you purchase photo packages or anything through Shutterfly, 8% of your order will be donated to PIC.
Photo shoot schedule
- 8:15 - 9 am, Sibling shots
- Starting at 8:30 am, Individual shots: Roadrunners, Grasshoppers, Chipmunks, Leapfrogs
- Starting at 10:15 am, Group shots: Doodlebugs, Roadrunners, Moonbeams, Chipmunks, Grasshoppers, Leapfrogs
- 8:15 - 9 am, Sibling shots
- Starting at 8:30 am, Individual shots: Fireflies, Blue Jays, Hummingbirds, Butterflies
- Starting at 10:15 am, Group shots only: Bumblebees, Caterpillars, Wild Things, Rainbows, Sunshines, Fireflies, Blue Jays, Hummingbirds, Butterflies
Picture Days FAQs
Will my child's photo be taken?
Every early learning classroom has a class photo taken. Individual photos will only be taken of our preschoolers--these are our Blue Jays, Butterflies, Chipmunks, Fireflies, Grasshoppers, Hummingbirds, Leapfrogs, and Roadrunners.
Why don't you take individual photos of infants and toddlers?
After careful consideration, we have concluded that the experience causes much more stress and anxiety than seems appropriate for infants and toddlers. We want to give our children joyful experiences that lead to discovery and exploration, and not ones that have ended in tears for so many.
What if my child doesn't come on the day that his/her photo will be taken?
If your child's classroom is scheduled for photos on a day of the week that s/he doesn't attend PIC, you may join your class in time to be a part of the group photo. If your child is a preschooler, bring him/her to the Small Gym to have an individual photo taken after the classroom shot has been taken.
When should I come? How long will it take?
We suggest that you come 15 minutes early and plan to be here for at least 30 minutes, since we cannot guarantee the exact time that the photo will be taken.
Can I get a picture of all my children who are at PIC?
Families who would like their PIC siblings to be photographed together may come to the Small Gym (Spruce) on either Tuesday or Wednesday from 8:30 - 9:00 am.
I have another question. Who do I ask?
If you have any questions about Picture Days, please email Enrollment Coordinator Grace Piaña at email@example.com.