New Drop Off & Pick Up - Preschoolers
This September, PIC will welcome, and welcome back many families. With a growing enrollment, the single site drop-off procedure we had designed for the summer will no longer serve us. We have modified our practice so we can continue to strictly enforce a 6 ft. social distance while families are waiting and maintain the required teachers:child ratio in each classroom so that everyone stays safe.
The following is the NEW PROTOCOL that will be put in place beginning Wednesday, September 2.
- All preschool families walk down the driveway at 42nd and Locust Streets.
- All family members must wear masks (without valves) when on PIC property and in the buildings.
- All children over two must wear a mask (without valves) during drop off.
1. New Pre-Screening Questionnaire:
Each morning before heading to PIC, families will be sent a text with a link to PIC's new electronic "Pre-Screening Tool." Parents are asked to complete the questions each morning once for your family. Once you have answered all the questions, the system will return that you have PASSED by seeing a GREEN screen with that day's date OR FAILED by seeing a RED screen. If you see the RED screen, your child(ren) will not be allowed entry to PIC that day. Please keep them home.
2. New Child Screening Station on the blacktop
All Sweet Building Families will be screened here: Grasshoppers, Roadrunners, Chipmunks, and Leapfrogs (plus Doodlebugs and Moonbeams).
- At the gated entrance to the blacktop, THREE LINES will begin to form.
Pink Line: Hummingbirds, Butterflies, Fireflies
Yellow Line: Blue Jays, Chipmunks, Leapfrogs
Orange Line: Grasshoppers, Roadrunners (Doodlebugs and Moonbeams, too)
- The paths you will take will be well marked with pieces of tape (which are all 6 ft. apart)
- Families MUST maintain a distance of 6 feet from one another along the driveway, at the check-in stations as well as in the WAIT BOXES
- Each line leads to a health screening station.
When you arrive at PIC each morning, you will be asked to show us your dated GREEN screen, before temperatures will be checked. Once a child's temperature has been taken, families will wait with their child in the designated WAIT box until your child's teacher is ready to welcome them.
- You MUST stick to your pick up time slot.
- Teachers will come down at designated times and wait for a group of children to arrive. The set number of each group will keep our classrooms in the needed teacher: child ratios for safety.
- We ask that you stick with QUICK HELLOS & GOODBYES at Drop-off and Pick-up