Learn and Play despite COVID-19
Usually we get together at PIC and play...which we know means learning!
For now we must be apart. Here are ways you can engage with children while they are home.
Playing and Learning
- Online Jigsaw Puzzels
From 6 piece to 247 piece puzzles
- National Parks from Home
Fun for all ages, but don't miss Sesame Street friends!
- 7 EASY Dramatic Play Ideas from Inspired Motherhood
- The doctor's office, art gallery, coffee shop and more
- 50 Indoor Activities From Mommy Poppins
Think baking, books, slime, make-your-own instruments
- Scholastic Learn at Home
Day-by-day projects to keep kids reading, thinking, and growing
- Early Childhood Weblinks
books, learning, and play from the Philadelphia School District
- Resources for Early Learning
- PBS LearningMedia
PBS and WHYY bring you content for preK to high school
- Bread-in-a-bag with Kids (Busy Toddler Blog)
Did you know you could make bread in a bag
- LUNCH DOODLES with Mo Willems!
Don't let the Pigeon Drive the Bus author in his home studio
- 12 Famous Museum Virtual Tours
Tours You Can Take on Your Couch
- Philadelphia Orchestra on YouTube
Assortment of videos to inspire
- Free Guitar Lessons from Fender
3 months of unlimited access - no credit card required
- Cosmic Kids Yoga (YouTube)
Yoga, mindfulness and relaxation designed specially for kids aged 3+
- Fluency and Fitness
Helping children excercise their brain and bodies - 21 days free!
- Yoga Ed. (YouTube)
- Calisthenics for Children
from bunny jumps to bear crawls
- Easy DIY balance from Early Learning Ideas
Use what's around the house to introduce the concept of weight
We're in uncertain times, and Skype a Scientist is here to help!
- Mystery Science
Free list of K-5 science lessons that are easy to do at home
- Storyline Online
children's books read by celebrated actors
- Story Time from Space
“What you cannot imagine, you cannot do”
Now imagine Astronauts on the Space Station reading stories to and conducting science experiments for the children of Earth as the world rotates below.
- Philadelphia Free Library Kids
More resources for families while PIC is closed:
- Free Grab-and-Go meals through Philadelphia School District
PIC's CACFP lunch program has told us that all families can get meals through National School Lunch Program sites. Locations provided in the link.
- Youth Meal Sites map
- Comcast Internet Essentials free for new applicants who qualify
a great resource for finding age appropriate viewing options